The Dura Outdoor Pickleballs, also known as the Dura Fast 40, are a seamless plastic whiffle ball specially designed for pickleball. They, like all outdoor pickleballs, have thick walls. The purpose of using hard plastic for a pickleball is to increase the life span of the ball in rough outdoor conditions. The name of the ball is short for “durableââââ‚?and these balls live up to their name.
The ball is made by injecting a single glob of hot plastic into a mold. The mold is closed and rotated to spread the plastic evenly around the walls of the mold. When the mold has stopped spinning it is opened and the new ball is removed from the mold. Sometimes there is a minor separation seam from excess plastic that leaked out of the mold. This excess plastic is sanded off. Look inside the ball and you will not see a seam.
There are two sizes of holes drilled into this ball. The two sizes of holes and the hole configuration, help make the ball more aerodynamic.
The Dura Outdoor Pickleballs is a heavy ball, weighing 0.92 ounces. This weight helps keep the ball flying straight even in windy conditions. The weight also makes them a fast ball, compared to the softer and lighter Jugs Indoor Pickleball. The Dura are also a rather big, the ball measures 2.9375ââââ‚?in diameter. The ball has an average bounce height of 32ââââ‚? promising lively response to every hit.
Formerly called the Dura 56, the manufacturer changed the name several years ago to the Dura Fast 40.
For many years, this ball has been the official ball for the USA Pickleball Association's National Pickleball Tournament.
The following conditions apply:
- We must be able to verify the lower price (i.e. Website). We will match any other website's price on an identical product, with the exception of bidding sites (i.e. ebay).
- We offer free shipping on orders over a certain dollar amount so we will factor in the shipping cost when determining a price match.
- The competitor must be an authorized dealer of the product in question.
- The competitor must have the product in stock and available for sale (including the desired color and size if applicable)
- The competitors "at your door" price including shipping fee's will be factored in.
- If the competitor offering the lower price is not domestic, any additional shipping or customs fees will be considered when matching the price.
- Price match guarantee cannot be combined with any other discounts, coupons or free shipping offers. Price Match Promise does not cover competitor coupon offers or free gift with purchase offers.
- Price Match Promise does not cover competitor clearance sale, as many clearance sale prices are lower than items’ cost.
These balls hold up well enough.
We used this same brand of balls for the past couple years and loved them so we ordered 12 more for this spring. These old ones compared to the new ones ordered this spring were a little smaller and the holes were all the same size. These new ones this year travel very well in the wind, bounce well and are minimally bigger. We like these balls very much. We use them on a concrete court. My group has been playing pickleball for several years and these balls make it very fun to play outdoors. And we love the orange color. Our aging eyes see this color more readily than the yellow or green balls. We highly recommend these balls.
Thanks for your feedback. Your comments are very important to us and other customers. We can choose high-quality products and prepare sufficient inventory based on customer feedback. Other customers can also choose products based on feedback. Thank you very much for your support to our business and for giving you valuable experience, which we appreciate.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.